SAP Business One, analytics powered by SAP HANA (High Performance Analytic Appliance), lets your customers take advantage of the power of in-memory technology for analysis and reporting. They gain real-time access to information that supports better and faster decision making, all without IT assistance. Below we answer some of the more common questions about HANA.
Where, when, and how can customers buy this product?
SAP Business One, analytics powered by SAP HANA, is an offering for new and existing customers of the SAP Business One application. This is currently sold exclusively by SAP channel partners, like Algorithm.
What does this solution include?
SAP Business One, analytics powered by SAP HANA, combines content and tools including:
- Enterprise search with intuitive navigation of data in SAP Business One
- Interactive ad hoc analysis through a Microsoft Excel PivotTable interface
- Predefined analytical content, dashboards, and SAP Crystal Reports software that includes:
- A predefined semantic layer for interacting with data using familiar business terminology, without knowledge of business rules or where the data resides
- Predefined calculation-intensive reports, such as inventory analysis and monthly customer status
- Predefined dashboards including those delivered with SAP Crystal solutions today (but at speeds up to 25 times faster), plus three new ones (sales opportunity, stock analysis, and CEO key performance indicators)
- Lifecycle management including an initialization and duplication mechanism, backup and recovery, monitoring, and an administration console
What are the technical requirements?
SAP Business One, analytics powered by SAP HANA, is delivered preconfigured and preinstalled
on Fujitsu hardware that has been certified by the SAP HANA development support team and is sold separately. There may be additional certified hardware offerings once generally available.
To run this solution, customers must be on SAP Business One version 8.82 PL04. Upgrades are
For a complete listing of technical requirements, please contact us directly.
How is this offering different from SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA?
SAP Business One, analytics powered by SAP HANA, is an analysis and reporting solution powered by the SAP HANA platform. This analytics software runs on a separate appliance, where it leverages data replicated from the SAP Business One transactional server. The solution will continue to be offered to customers on the Microsoft SQL version of SAP Business One.
SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA, brings together transactional and analytical processing on the SAP HANA platform into one appliance. This solution offers all the functionality from SAP Business One, analytics powered by SAP HANA, as well as pervasive analytics and new extreme apps.
SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA, also differs in that it is primarily intended for net-new customers interested in SAP Business One with embedded analytics running on an in-memory platform. Ramp-up began in September 2012, and the solution will be generally available in 2013.
How does SAP Business One, analytics powered by SAP HANA, differ from SAP Crystal solutions?
The offerings differ in their underlying technology. SAP Crystal solutions packaged with SAP
Business One employ an SQL database; so when queries are run, they compete for computing
power with the rest of the SAP Business One application. This may result in slow query times.
The prepackaged business logic, in-memory calculations, and optimization for multicore,
64-bit processors of the SAP HANA platform result in faster information processing as well as
faster software development and deployment. There is no need to preconfigure data or create
custom extracts to support ad hoc requests. And since your customers will no longer require
as many people or dedicated systems for data analysis tasks, the costs to own and operate
SAP Business One, analytics powered by SAP HANA, should be less.
Ready to learn more about SAP Business One? Contact us now!