2022 Insights and Comparisons: Cloud ERP for Product-Centric Enterprises
Acumatica is a leader in this year’s SMB ERP Technology Value Matrix. The ERP specialist primarily serves mid-market companies in the construction, distribution, retail-commerce, services, and manufacturing sectors. The cloud ERP provider combines financial management, project accounting, customer management, field service management, and payroll capabilities in one unified platform. Acumatica’s core value proposition lies in its modular architecture, which empowers developers and citizen developers alike to configure business logic, integrate third-party applications, and create new report types with the help of low-code/no-code technology.
Acumatica has made significant product enhancements over the last year, which provide customers with self-service capabilities and productivity improvements.
▪ Acumatica announced the release of Acumatica 2022 R1 in March 2022. The update’s key themes include enhanced mobile features, including adding KPIs and setting favorites, increased localization expanding multi-country customer support, and new industry-specific capabilities.
▪ The new General Ledger Anomaly Detection feature leverages machine learning capabilities to calculate predictions of errors in posted general ledger transactions; included is the GL Anomalies Dashboard which displays KPIs, tables, and charts related to the feature’s data.
▪ Updates include bank transaction processing enhancements, mobile app workspaces, industry edition enhancements, blanket sales orders, final paycheck generation, search flexibility improvements, and the ability to merge duplicates in CRM.
▪ New machine learning and artificial intelligence features, AP Automation, Expense Recognition, and business card recognition. Customers will benefit from automation and predictive capabilities leveraged by these features to streamline workflows. Document Number: W95 June 2022 NucleusResearch.com 5
▪ The vendor introduced integration with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Amazon, enabling commerce organizations to support additional sales channels.
▪ New native integration with Microsoft Teams supports the chat and video calls within the platform. Customers will benefit from this feature through the convenience of communication and the ability to track activity.
With Acumatica’s continued improvements in self-service and integration capabilities, customers can expect to manage their API ecosystem more efficiently and launch analytics projects at an accelerated pace. Nucleus believes the recent developments solidified the vendor’s positioning in high usability.